Imperial Command of the Raccoon General

Thoughts and Memoirs of a Ring-tailed and Masked Dominator of the World

My Photo
Name:

General of the mighty Raccoon Army

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Turbulent times?

I'm not sure what to make of these recent times. I can remember clearly many excited moments just very, very recently yet here I am again, feeling as down as can be.

It makes all seem somewhat erratic i suppose, these past events, down to the point I almost feel unsure of what to feel in general. There are many causes for joy and being uplifted. Among such causes are the recent release of some episodes on a project I used to work on. It's showing on Disney Channel (1st Nov) this Saturday, and represent a high mark in my professional achievements. It's after all, Disney channel and that is indeed... big.

My best friend got married recently and at the very least through my view, some form of fairy tale elements do come true after all. The union of the two, one is whom I respect greatly, and the other of course, is one I trust deeply. Congratulations to you two, and I have never felt better about two people than for these two.

RedAlert 3 is out. As is Fallout 3. Sacred 2 will be out early next month. My EVE is progressing good, and of course I've finished Mass Effect (finally), with sex scenes and all. Haa~! Game-wise I suppose, its simply outstanding.

Considering my previous employment is rumored to be closing, and that I have already got a new place to work, with increase in salary I might add, I suppose my life now seems blessed. The relatively laid back environment and lacking the rigid structure of my first (animation) work place, I suppose I'm having a pretty charmed life.

Truth be told however that's where the spit and polish ends, as that glossy aspect of the working deal is a surface element that I fear hides a lurking darkness; a darkness that I had hoped and prayed had been left behind after my departure from Kelana Jaya. I'm not saying this new place is bad already. I'm merely stating that I'm seeing signs of things that could come. The relatively limited 'resource' of a new company means that there'll likely be more things to do for each individual worker, and the lack of said resource also means that we do not have much to fall back on if things should go awry. In short, once again, there lurks the possibility that I will be asked to.... sacrifice.... again.

People... well.... people, thats also the issue. Previously I was content to let myself follow on people's paths, because I know they are going the same way as I do. These days, I am no longer sure. People change, as the saying goes, and I feel that some of those whom I have been content to lead the way for me, has changed their priorities, in that their concerns are no longer aligned with my own. If that is so, ... well... you could guess things would get...uncomfortable..

Pray it doesn't get to that... much.

The turbulent economy and the fact that I'm in a transitional period between jobs this month also means I'm somewhat limited in terms of financial resorce. Coupled with the loaning of cash to some folks I know here and there, my savings is at its lowest in more than a year. I know I should save, but I need to get certain things for myself, my lifestyle and if that's not enough, I am beginning to be asked to contribute to the house in ..larger, more expensive endevours.

sigh...

The truth is that it's not so much I'm treading on unfamiliar or dangerous grounds. It is more of this nagging, gut feeling that keeps bothering me; this irrational unease as to the progress of things lately. Call me silly, but I have on many occassions regret not taking my gut feelings seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home