Imperial Command of the Raccoon General

Thoughts and Memoirs of a Ring-tailed and Masked Dominator of the World

My Photo
Name:

General of the mighty Raccoon Army

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Political Circus

Quote:

"A new generation of leaders in Malaysia is fighting for control of the ruling party -- in disarray since heavy election losses -- with the premier's son-in-law battling his predecessor's son.

The successors of current leader Abdullah Ahmad Badawi and former premier Mahathir Mohamad are shaping up to continue hostilities that have raged between the two veterans for the past few years.

After disastrous election results in March, Abdullah has been forced to stand down early next year, unleashing an unprecedented contest for top posts in the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO).

Drawing intense interest is the tussle for the influential role of youth wing chief -- a nurturing ground for future leaders.

Abdullah's son-in-law is pitted against Mahathir's son, in a fight that could determine which of the rival clans will control Malaysia's future. "

I took that off MSN news when I was checking my MSN email account. The title of the article was 'Party feud grips Malaysian politics'.

I'm not a politically inclined person, most of the time I feel like politics is similiar to pro-wrestling in that there's all the drama and silliness and but not much in the way of actual fighting. It's almost a circus of sorts. And while I always had high regards for Tun Dr. Mahathir, I am still not inclined to be actively taking sides in this supposed feud.

Anyhow what is of interest to me is the way the article seemed to portray the scene in Malaysia. I mean "which rival clan"? Does that not make it sound like we are some sort of tribes people or something? Does it not also imply that either side promotes only members of their own family or something? What are we, another Saddam Hussein regime? I find the word clan more often related to familial ties and to think that our country is to be divided in such terms is... demeaning.

Anyhow, maybe that's how articles and the like are, but from my point of view though things are not as bad as it might sound. Sure economy's bad and politically its like a circus, but people can still get by. I still have a job, which considering my past posts, is almost as effective as a big raise in my salary as well. I got to save up money a bit more these days but I can still go out shopping or eat fancy food once in a while.

Oh well... back to my mundane life....:D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home