Imperial Command of the Raccoon General

Thoughts and Memoirs of a Ring-tailed and Masked Dominator of the World

My Photo
Name:

General of the mighty Raccoon Army

Friday, December 05, 2008

My thoughts...

Goodness. goodness. Of all the turmoil.

So filled out with work that, I haven't noticed the one thing.

Raya haji is around the corner. Christmas and New year coming along soon. Not to mention awal muharram. Add that with my planned vacation next week, the whole december is pock marked with holes in the working schedule.

Which means a lot of time offs. Which is good.

Because transiting between 3 jobs in past 2 months have left me worried over my declining savings account and the need to properly fulfill expectations of new employers. I barely had time to consider when to take time offs and apply for leave and the like that these past 2 months have been like... years.

Work has been so-so, but I have to make a point in one thing. I come to believe that any work is so-so, as long as we don't see how it works for us in the long run. The point right now is, I'm not sure of my prospects in the new place, and where I am going with this job. I have no vision as to where I would end up in here. I'm sticking it out so far because the money is good. But that's about it.

Fact of the matter is, I'm concerned that I have developed my skills solely in the animating line, that in other creative aspects, I've totally neglected it, and is therefore not likely that should I choose to leave, I would find a job other than animating. Which further improves animating skills.

It's a vicious cycle, as a friend would once say, and I'm left to ponder, is the only way out of this predicament also requires me to leave the industry completely? I don't know. But I do know that the past months I have held to a new believe. Working your way with what you know is not the way to achieve the dream I hold for myself. That dream is freedom. And the road to freedom lies in opening one's eyes.

Ah well, that's enough thoughts for the day. I only thought of this because we had a prospective new employee turning up today for interviews, and we saw his art portfolio and by god, he was good. I have to admit I am a little jealous and can see him taking up things that are no longer feasible for me these days...

Gahhh... I need sleep. But there are comrades I need to help finish their work....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home