Imperial Command of the Raccoon General

Thoughts and Memoirs of a Ring-tailed and Masked Dominator of the World

My Photo
Name:

General of the mighty Raccoon Army

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The 51st Post

According to the blog count, this should be the 51st post. Sounds kind of nice, like the 51st state, which is I think some fiction in regards to the 50 states in America or something of the like.

I'd like to share a jolly good mood for this, but something I read just now made me feel foul. As is customary, I spend several minutes of my free time reading up the thoughts of Tun Dr Mahathir on his blog. Clearly I felt he is one of sharp and keen mind, a great influence to me. Normally I'd leave the site feeling much admiration for him and inspired by his words, which is still the case.

But I see replies to his posts, and while there are many, some good and some bad, a particular few by what would seem like foreigners or Americans in particular (I think) really made me feel quite upset. I dare say it was likened to a nationalistic righteous anger, but I allowed myself to calm down and read point by point of what's been said.

It didn't work. I still feel pissed, but now because of the facts as I understand them.

1. I am to lazy to put proper quotes and acknowledgements so I'll mention the points in general. One states about the use of advanced weapons to defend against attacks, terrorist attacks and such. In other parts of it there were comments about how such measures as suggested by Dr M weakens the United States. Perhaps I might not be fully backing our former PM by saying this, but I suppose having advanced weaponry is crucial. But only because advance weaponry in itself must be designed so as to minimize, and if possible, eliminate collateral and innocents. That said, I don't think advance weaponry is a justification for any state to attack others. So the question is not about posessing them, but how we use them or who we gave them to.

2. This leads to a second point. The argument was that we, Malaysia, our people, support anti-Israel ideals and that its always an issue of Christian, Jewish and such vs Islam. I say this point is invalid, because it seems to be on the assumption that both sides are equal and we seek to tip that equality in our favored side. But consider the fact that a book I read (written by an American author I think) states that Radical Islamic groups adopted terror tactics because conventional warfare has failed, that would mean so long as the other side keeps flaunting their military power, the terrorists would continue to march on, and in even greater zeal. The one sided nature of the conflict (look at the casualty counts and you would see that there's always one side with less, the facts will tell who) fuels the terrorist movements. So as to the previous point, in a way those advanced weapons used by the west, Israelis (I loathe to use such labels but..) are indirectly the root of such terrorist tactics.

3. We hate the US. Or so it would seem to them. Except when the US is beneficial to us. Or so it would seem. Do I really need to say more on these? Well just to be clear, I don't hate the US in general but I am appalled at their ethics in many issues. I don't mind capitalism, but I hate people who would screw anyone for profits. If people hate the US it's not because of jealousy, or core principles, but because of behaviour or actions that is seemingly unfair and ethically wrong. If I feel a country is so far progressed greatly, that it's advancements and society are almost utopian, I'd rather want to move there myself, not have it destroyed. It is how we conduct ourselves with others that influence their reactions.

I don't get it. How come a lot of people can think that terrorist and the like hates the US because they hate "freedom" or "liberty"? It makes no sense. One can argue though that extremist factions that exist in some states might seem like a possible evidence, but I think, like Hitler and his NSDAP or commonly referred to as Nazis, they can only exist to counter an extreme condition that has been imposed on a people or state by the other side. If post World War I Germany hadn't been given such harsh terms, Nazism couldn't really take root.

I hate talking about or making my blog political. But somethings just annoy me so much that I have to write about it. It's my flaw and my way of venting it out.

Some people out there belittle us. They criticize our 'meagre' accomplishments, and put all sorts of heat on the flaws that we have yet to correct. The prevailing attitude seems that you can't criticize other people until you are perfect yourself. Like what I've read, it would seem that it is not our place to criticize about a state killing thousands of people or in support of such things when we can't even fix our own roads? Well, I don't think just because our roads are bad, it would also mean we are a dispicable race of people who is likened to a butcher of thousands of innocents.

Anyhow, the big news is... NOBODY'S PERFECT! So does that mean we cannot criticize? Of course not, as we have all different flaws and weaknesses, commenting each other to advising to fix that flaw should be something very much... encouraged.

If I have to be an idealist about such things, then I have to say we have to stop killing people. That said, of two sides are bent on killing each other, one side has to start first. But which one? I know! The side who uses rusted rifles and suicide bombers of course! They are the biggest threat ever! After all, they have little technology and come from back water areas of the world. What could be more dangerous than that? If you can't detect the sarcasm there, then something is wrong. It's not about muslims vs christians or others, mind you. I'm saying that coz I imagined some people out there wanting to go "oh here we go again, muslims vs christians/others".

To be serious and direct though, I think it's only fair that the technologically superior ones stop first and show positive example. After all, I think they are more capable of a defensive stance without the need to resort to "pre-emptive" strikes or offensive operations to keep as much of themselves safe as compared to the other, which with such advanced array of weapons against them, they're likely to be steamrolled over if they stop resisting.

Anyhow, 51st post. Woot.

Now... back to work.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hanie said...

nicely phrased on the issue portrayed :) It's good to hear topics like this discussed eloquently and with much thoughts.

4:57:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

regarding the 51st post, clearly, you were inspired by the 501st legion of kungfu leaf punching fame

7:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hanie- thanks though I dare not say "with much thought". If i had thought much on it, I wouldn't want to put it up lest I upset people. But I feel the need to vent out, though not irrationally of course.

Strange Young Man - Thats an awesome blog link! hahaha funny!

7:45:00 PM  
Blogger Mel Celestial said...

There will be those who will support the war so long as the money will keep churning out of it. I wonder how they can feed their children with that money??

Anyway, great insight to the situation. It is only very unfortunate that no matter how many voices are raised against this appalling massacre, it will be veto-ed against. Mass media also plays the role of turning blind eyes to the truth (and mayhap arrogance?). How far has humanity fallen....

11:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home