Imperial Command of the Raccoon General

Thoughts and Memoirs of a Ring-tailed and Masked Dominator of the World

My Photo
Name:

General of the mighty Raccoon Army

Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Latest Lady in My Life

I've been very busy as of late, with work as always, and the the accompanying idiocy that entails with it; the kind of bullshit that we can all do without but at the same time is inevitable because of the idiots who somehow manage to worm their way to positions of power.

But screw all that. The bus stop chick is gone, work is hell, and sometimes even time is in short supply. But I still manage to get THIS!!


A moment of awe if you will.

YES! That is in fact a Machariel class Battleship, amongst the most expensive of its kind, a pirate faction battleship that is in fact the fastest and the biggest of the Battleship classes.

That is my latest lady, the grandest thus far. Sonja Jones.

If that should sound familiar, it's because as the norm for me to name all my battlecruisers and battleships with a Claire Danes' character name. Why? because she's pretty and hot in a not slutty way and the same kind of way I tend to see my ships.

I posted a little on this ship in my other blog, but again let me just say flying around in EVE Online with limited time as I have, unlike others with almost no restraint in their timing, getting to the accumulated amount of 900 million ISK is no small feat. But with perserverence and strength of vision, I managed to obtain her far ahead of schedule. And I'm not just glossing the language here, because there were many voices around that called me to deviate my attention to other things, in game and out of it. But I chose to be focused, and now I reap the grandest of rewards.

Flying with Sonja has been quite a ride. She's much faster than Cossette. In fact most smaller battlecruisers even would have a hard time catching up to her without afterburners. And Sonja doesn't use afterburners. Her immense size also means she ahs a dominating presence, and the 23,000 shield HP (more than twice of Cossette's shields) means she has plenty to go for. She is however a passive tank, meaning to say the shields recharge based on passive recharge rates, which whilst cap-less, it is not as constant as an active tank, which means I'll need more time to understand her better.

Sonja is also, unlike either my previous battleships Yvaine and Cossette, not an 8 gun battleship. She is a 6 gun 2 missile launcher ship, a weakness in damage dealing when it comes to pure numbers but in practice it is further compensated by versatility in damage type. I do plan on getting higher end stuff for my latest lady in the long run, so that hopefully will even out the numbers.

Naz will be getting a Nightmare, another battleship just as costly, but with different strengths and also not to be underestimated. It's also less elegant looking but defnitely more scary or fierce looking, and though not as massive as Sonja, at least... it's VERTICAL! He still has quite far to go in getting it, but I wait eagerly for the day to see a Machariel and Nightmare side by side.

1 Comments:

Anonymous ruz said...

Your sonja looks very mysterious. congratulations!

4:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home