Imperial Command of the Raccoon General

Thoughts and Memoirs of a Ring-tailed and Masked Dominator of the World

My Photo
Name:

General of the mighty Raccoon Army

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Movie Moments

I have to say this to a number of the closest (and thus supposedly, dearest) of my friends...

Watchmen. The movie, Watchmen.

WTF??? ALMOST ALL OF YOU WENT TO WATCH IT AND NEVER ASKED ME ALONG??? WELL SCREW THAT~!!! I DON'T NEED YOU GUYS AROUND ANYMORE... EVER!!!

Hahaha, just kidding. Mind you I am boggled why this of all movies, none of you asked me along and just went around without a thought, but then hey, it happens, and not everyone is enlightened enough to know the importance of ME in the universe.... hehehehehe...

Anyways, some thoughts and memories of movies

1. Favourite line in movies:

Meet Joe Black
Near the end of the movie, as the Joe (Brad Pitt) and Bill (Anthony Hopkins) are about to leave, and the look back, Bill Parrish said: It's hard to let go isnt it? Well what can I tell you, that's life."

2. Inspiring Battle Scene

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
The battle of Pellenor Fields, the Rohirrim arrives at the outskirts of Minas Tirith.

Theoden, King (played by Bernard Hill): Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises. Ride now... Ride now... Ride. Ride for ruin and the world's ending! Death! Death! DEATH~! Forth Eorlingas!

The theme of Rohan plays, and it is a tune that reflects the majesty but also the vulnerability of Rohan, as the thousands of Rohirrim charges head on towards the Mordor host.

3. Inspiring Moment that made me not care much about its Pro-American Propaganda.

Armageddon
Harry Stamper (Bruce Willis) says goodbye to his daughter, nukes the Asteroid. it splits and misses Earth. People all over the world cheers, third world countries and Super Powers alike. Children run joyously in the streets in makeshift space shuttle toys and such.

I forgot how much pro-American it was, as all I felt was the sheer thrill of the triumph of humanity over colossal odds.

4. Most Memorable OST

Last of the Mohicans

I never really was into Daniel Day Lewis, no matter how serious an actor he is. I never really liked seeing Imperial England got beaten; I am obsessed with Redcoats.

But from 1993 (it was released in 1992, but I watched it in 1993 via VHS) till today, the theme song for the movie rings ever constantly every now and then in my head, and it never fails to strike a deep chord within me. More than all the rock singing songs, trendy pop or rap music, I feel such themes, instrumental and all, touches ones being greater than the contemporaries.

5. First Time Ever Felt like Crying after Seeing a Scene

Con Air
Ending; Poe (Nicholas Cage) picks up the sullied bunny soft toy from being washed into the drain. He meets his wife and the daughter he never met. He offers his daughter the bunny, which she initially recoils before her mother encourages her to accept. A small exchange of words, and they huy as the music, How do I live? by Trisha Yearwood plays.

I don't know why but that really touches me deeply. To date, I've never been a family person.

6. Funny Line I just can't forget

Stardust
Yvaine (played by Claire Danes) : Yeah, this where it fell. It is, or if you want to be really specific, up there is where this weird bloody necklace came out of nowhere and knocked it out of the heavens where it was minding its own business. And over there is where it landed. And right here, *this* is where it got hit by a magical flying MORON!

I so love that magical flying moron bit.

7. Poetry in Movies

Equilibrium
Spoken by Partridge (Sean Bean) as he was caught reading illegal sense materials by Preston (Christian Bale): But I being poor have only my dreams, I have spread my dreams under your feet, tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

This is actually from a poem written by William Butler Yeats, an early 20th century Irish poet. If I am not mistaken the poems title is "He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven"

1 Comments:

Anonymous ruz said...

SORRY!!!! Btw, watchmen is over rated.

6:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home